SIAM Cement BigBloc Construction Technologies Pvt Ltd, a collaboration between BigBloc Construction Ltd, based in Gujarat, and SCG International Corporation Co., Ltd., of Thailand, has commenced its operations in India by launching commercial production at its inaugural plant in Kheda, Gujarat.

Key highlights :

  • The Kheda plant in Ahmedabad marks SCG Group’s inaugural venture into the Indian market.
  • It pioneers India’s first AAC Wall Plant, introducing large-format AAC Wall products ranging from 8 to 12 feet.
  • The Kheda Plant’s capacity can potentially expand to 5 lakhs CBM per annum in the second phase, subject to approval from the joint venture parties.
  • SIAM Cement BigBloc Construction Technologies Pvt Ltd operates as a 52:48 joint venture, with BigBloc Construction holding a majority stake of 52%, and SCG International owning 48%.
  • Upon reaching full capacity, the plant is anticipated to generate annual revenues of approximately Rs. 100 crore.
  • Additionally, the joint venture aims to exchange technical and commercial expertise and introduce innovative building materials to the Indian market.
  • Investment of approximately Rs. 65 crore has been made in the Kheda unit, which boasts a capacity of 2.5 lakh cubic meters per annum.

With a focus on introducing advanced walling solutions to the Indian market, the joint venture has invested approximately Rs. 65 crore in establishing a project with an annual capacity of 2.5 lakh cubic meters, including India’s inaugural AAC Wall Plant located in the Kheda district near Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The AAC Wall products will be marketed under the brand name ‘ZMARTBUILD WALL by NXTBLOC,’ and the joint venture will also produce AAC Blocks.

The inauguration of the plant took place in the presence of H.E. Ms. Pattarat Hongtong, the Ambassador of Thailand to India, and Mr. Balvantsinh Rajput, Minister of Industries and MSME, Government of Gujarat, who served as the Guest of Honor and Chief Guest respectively, along with senior officials from SCG International and BigBloc Construction, on June 10, 2024.

BigBloc Construction forged a strategic joint venture with SCG International of Thailand to establish a cutting-edge manufacturing facility for AAC Walls and AAC Blocks in the Kheda District, near Ahmedabad, Gujarat. BigBloc Construction holds a 52% stake in the joint venture, with SCG International owning the remaining 48%. This marks SCG Group’s inaugural investment in India.

Established in 1913, SCG is one of the largest cement and building material companies in Thailand and Southeast Asia, operating across various sectors including Cement, Construction Materials, Packaging, Chemicals, and others, with a presence in over 22 countries and numerous joint ventures with international companies.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *